Friday, February 25, 2011

Think

I enjoyed watching the Rachel Maddow Show this evening. But it occurred to me while I was watching it that I enjoyed it as much for the fact that it supports my own political point of view as anything else. And it occurred to me that I enjoy and appreciate PBS precisely because PBS seems to have no agenda. Many times, PBS reports what I believe are facts that I don't like because they don't provide ammunition to support my perspective.

I don't consider Rachel Maddow a source of unbiased information. I think she reports facts, but she reports them through a decidedly liberal lens. Sort of like Glenn Beck "reports" through a decidedly insane lens (well, it is). But PBS just tells it like it is.

Rachel massages my ego. Glenn makes me want to kill him and his spawn. PBS makes me think. I like that.

No comments: