Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Caught Off Guard

The weather wizard on my computer tells me it's 18 degrees. The clock tells me it's 1:45 a.m. The weather forecast tells me to expect a ten-degree drop by daybreak. My brain tells me I should process these pieces of information in some way that varies from the way I'm processing them.

That's as far as it goes. My intellect and my emotion diverge here. I don't know what to think or what to feel. I attribute that lack of knowledge to being tired. That's part of it. As to the other part, I don't know.

This is not new. But I'm caught off guard by knowing that I know I don't know.

2 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

"But I'm caught off guard by knowing that I know I don't know."

Story of my life, Mr. Kneeblood....

Ellie

YourFireAnt said...

That's the first step. Knowing ya don't know. You're on your way!

;-)