Thursday, May 27, 2010

Pissed-Off Progressive

It upsets me that people seem to have an unhealthy need to always "take sides" and rarely are willing to discuss issues. The world is not black and white. Solutions are not liberal or conservative. Approaches to the world can be partisan, but shouldn't always be so. It makes me angry when people lay the problems of the world at the footsteps of "Obama-loving, illegal-immigration-loving, pro-abortion, anti-religion, anti-flag, anti-American, liberals," but it's equally absurd to say the world's problems are the fault of "right-wing, immigrant-hating, anti-abortion, flag-waving religious fanatics."

Both of us (and I include myself in one of those camps far too often) allow ourselves to let opinion and lack of knowledge rule.

And it pisses me off. Maybe I am becoming more conciliatory. Or maybe I just recognize that right is not always wrong and left is not always right.

No comments: