Thursday, November 12, 2009

Boxes

There, over in that corner, are some unopened boxes that, if opened, would create more clutter. So they remain unopened. There is nothing time-sensitive in them, so there's no need to open them now. But they're still there, unopened, after literally months of taking up space. And there's no evidence that anyone in the house has any immediate plans to open them. Or to remove them from sight. So they just sit there, blocking my view of whatever is behind them. And causing me to wonder why opening them would create more clutter. Then I think, "yes, there would be even more clutter if they were opened," and I become less agitated that they have been sitting there, unopened, for months.

These feelings are like the tide; they ebb and flow. The tide will come rushing back again in a few...days, weeks, months? The tide will come in again if the boxes are still there. And they will be. I just know it.

2 comments:

YourFireAnt said...

Send the boxes to me. I'll deal with them for you.

T.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Get rid of them. Don't even open them. Just shit-can them. Your life will be better, trust me.

Ellie