Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Being in a Bar

We went to a bar tonight, a place filled with 20-somethings and fewer 30-somethings. We were the oldest people in the place, I'm fairly sure, but we didn't feel out of place. The people we met there comprised a motley crew of 30-somethings who were all friends of my friend, who called the group there to witness his wife's humiliation.

See, these people are rabid football fans of Texas and Oklahoma and Texas won over Oklahoma in some major rivalry match, so he (the Texas-ex) took joy in his wife conceding defeat by wearing UT clothes, etc. I didn't say we enoyed that part.

But we enjoyed the company and the youthful conversations. I still believe I am 25 years old. I behaved like a 25-year-old. My wife has not left me, though, so she apparently does not believe the behavior will be long-lasting.

3 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Well, I think that's great. We've got lots of 30- and 20-something friends. Lots of 40- and 50-something friends, too. When the peeps are cool, the peeps are cool.

Ellie

Springer Kneeblood said...

You're right, Ellie. The age of peeps has no relationship with the cool of peeps.

YourFireAnt said...

Hey! Acting like a 25 year old is good for you. That & the shirt.

T.