Sunday, September 28, 2008

Now...About Palin

I got back home last night, but I'm leaving again today for another meeting, this time in Corpus Christi, TX. It's a short trip; I come back on Tuesday afternoon. I'll have Wednesday and most of the day Thursday to catch up on work I've missed since I left town last Tuesday. Then, another obligation...manning a trade show booth with a member of my staff, Friday through Sunday.

And then maybe I'll relax for awhile...but, not long, as I have another client board meeting coming up the weekend of October 25, so I have to prepare for that and then experience it in all its joy and excitement.

This morning, clothes are in the washer as I pack for my trip...don't know what I would have done if I had kept to the original schedule, which would have gotten me home about noon today before my outbound 3:00 pm flight.

No time for our normal Sunday lunch wanderings today. Typically, we'd look for a character-laden dive where we could get something unusual but tasty. Today, though, we'll eat in...BLTs, which I love more than life itself, made even better with the addition (on mine, anyway) of jalapeƱos.

Now...about Palin. I watched SNL last night, only because I wanted to see Tina Fey's mockery of the Vice Presidential nominee. It was hysterical. But it was nothing compared to the real thing; I watched a video this morning of the Couric interview and laughed until I cried. Republicans are calling for her replacement and I fully understand why. If she doesn't get some serious training between now and Thursday's debate, she's going to be the most incredible embarrassment the world has ever seen.

1 comment:

Kathy Rogers said...

She's probably no stupider than Dan "Potatoe" Quayle. And he clearly lost his debate with Lloyd Bentsen. But that didn't keep him from getting elected.

I remain quite worried that this ridiculous person will be the first woman president.