Saturday, September 20, 2008

Nice Desk

It has been HOURS since I last slept. As in, more than 18 hours. I'm getting tired. I think I may have to go to bed soon.

In response to one this morning's posts, Nicole suggested that I'm far too into news and, that it will crush me. Sorry, Nicole, but I'm of the opinion that responsible people MUST pay attention to the news so they know what is going on around them and, in the USA, who is trying to lie to them in order to keep the public off the backs of public servants. But Nicole did not mention my prize (which would be an indication that she read all the way to the end of the post), so she does not get immunity from seeing a naked picture of me. KathyR, on the other hand, expressed her heartfelt appreciation for that immunity. At least that's the way I see it.

Lunch today was OK, but the PLACE was fantastic, a real neighborhood joint that caters to an incredibly diverse customer base. The Goldrush Cafe is in the Lakewood District of Dallas, an area I'd like to live in if I wanted to live in Dallas. Following lunch, we went across the street to a consignment store, where we found a fabulous desk and hutch and a great end table, both of which we decided we could not live without. We are not über-consumers; our spur of the moment decision to spend upward of $700 was exceedingly rare. But considering the fact that the two pieces are probably worth $1,800, I think it was a wise choice. Except, of course, that we don't really have the money to spend. Which is why credit cards are good. Except we don't like buying on credit. Oh well. We also decided to take some of our other furniture to the consignment store, so we may not spend near so much, in the long run.

That's it for now. Good night.

No comments: