Thursday, January 7, 2010

Streams of Unconsciousness?

I was "friended" on Facebook, a few days ago, by someone with whom I went to high school. I asked her had been going on in her life for the last 38 years. She gave me some flip response, saying she would need to drink a cocktail or write her memoirs to get started, so I suggested that she get in touch with me the next time she swilled a cocktail or published her memoirs. She did not respond. Maybe my response was construed as unfriendly; but I just wasn't in the mood for games.

I intended to start the new year with a better attitude and a more friendly demeanor. Well, as I said in my last post, the year begins when I say it begins, so I still have opportunities to behave better.

There was some success yesterday when I did not tell the president of a client association to back off and shut up. That's progress. I simply suggested to her that I could get my job done better and in a more timely manner if she would spend her time talking to someone else...but I really was more diplomatic than that.

Yesterday I wrote the first few paragraphs of a prospective autobiography, in which I will describe what it was like planning and then carrying out a behavioral modification program on a guy who caused some undeserved grief for a relative. The key is making it all look like an accident; and I will.

Tonight, dinner included the world's best salsa, chips, and canned sardines in salsa picante. Not a particularly healthy meal, but tasty.

UT is playing Arkansas tonight; I'm proud I actually got the teams right. One of the teams will win and there will be joy and despair across the city tomorrow. Why this is, I do not know.

2 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

"I'm proud I actually got the teams right."

Um, not quite, Mr. Kneeblood. It was Alabama who rolled over poor Texas (Hook 'em Horns? Yeah right). Good try though.

And I think your attitude is fine just the way it is. So there.

Ellie

p.s. "salsa, chips, and canned sardines in salsa picante"? You're killing me here.

Springer Kneeblood said...

Geez, I'm embarrassed to be so COMPLETELY disconnected from maintstream sports! But Arkansas, Alabama, at least they're both "A" states. Thanks for the attitudinal appreciation, Ellie. Maybe I'll keep mine, after all.