Saturday, January 23, 2010

Frontier Restaurant and the World of Albuquerque

Awoke to a white Albuquerque, with plenty of snow still coming down. Ignoring that, we jumped in the car and went to the Frontier Restaurant , an old place with plenty of character in the University of New Mexico neighborhood. We had huevos rancheros, Frontier style (with a couple of over-easy eggs, red or green salsa (red for me, green for my favorite wife), beans, and several huge flour tortillas). The place is worth making a trip for...it's old and gritty, with no table service...order at the registers and pick up when your number is called. I love the place!

The other option was a place much further away; and it didn't open until 9:00 am, which I consider an affront to breakfastry. Maybe lunch.

We leave this afternoon around 5. Fortunately, thanks to my membership in whatever membership club this hotel recognizes, we got a late checkout (2 pm). So, we're off to explore Albuquerque.

No comments: