Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Wooden Cocoon

My new desk is in the guestroom, so I can't simply turn around and look through the three large windows into the backyard. But with its hutch and built-in cork message board and my nice modern halogen lamp, it creates a little nest for me, a place I'll soon start to like as a writing retreat. I still need to address the unruly wires strewn all across the desk...speaker wires, USB port wires, mouse wires, camera cradle and its mass of wires, telephone line, etc. Once I've successfully addressed that nastiness, I'll have a smooth desktop, cluttered only by things I want to clutter it with. I will have successfully created a wooden cocoon.

2 comments:

YourFireAnt said...

I can't figure out the dang twitter thing, so I'll just comment on your writing space. It looks nice and dark. I hope it shines you.

FA

Anonymous said...

Dang, I need me a man-cave.