Saturday, November 5, 2011

Comfort?

Plans don't necessarily transmogrify into realties based on those plans. Maybe they never evolve in quite the way we expect, or hope, they will. Perhaps plans are idiotic responses to wishes...wishes we could control our destinies.

I don't pretend to know, though I have my opinions.

Tears don't necessarily transmogrify into appreciations of what we've experienced in our lives.

I don't pretend to know why they erupt. Some of my friends will offer callous comments about them. Why don't friends understand? Why don't they appreciate that comfort is all we're asking?

2 comments:

Taradharma said...

people have a hard time comforting when they themselves are highly uncomfortable. Perhaps your changes are bringing up stuff for them that they are very nervous about.

I offer my comfort, from miles and miles away. I hope it makes you feel a little better.

bev said...

What Tara said. Me too.