Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 - Jade's Birthday

Many, many years ago, a woman whose first name was Jade, worked for me. Her birthday was January 2. I suppose her name and her birthday remain the same. For some reason, I always remember her birthday. For years, I sent her birthday cards or birthday messages, but I've lost track of her. I think she's in Iowa now...that's where she lived the last time I had her contact information...which was her home state. She and her husband returned there to rear their children in an environment they thought was more conducive to chid-rearing than was Houston in the early 1980s.

It's extremely unlikely she's see this post. But I'll say it anyway. Happy birthday, Jade! I hope your life is going well and that your children's lives are better for your decision to leave the madness and chaos that was Houston in the early 1980s. Iowa is probably more conservative than is Houston. It's probably a more insulated environment, too.

You're probably in your early fifties now, Jade. I suspect you're still thin and athletic. Enjoy!

No comments: