Saturday, December 26, 2009

Alacrán--Edited








It wasn't long after we went downstairs on the day after Christmas that we were regaled with a story about a newly discovered alacrána and her doce bebés. That's right, a mama scorpion, carrying twelve baby scorpions, had been found in the "work room" of the B&B where we were staying. It's a shame my lack of photographic skills, coupled with inadequate equipment and other such troubles, made it impossible for me to present a better photo. Suffice it to say it was interesting.

This event occurred in Ajijic, Jalisco, Mexico. Which is where I am sitting right now, looking out over the verdant landscape of my brother's back yard, over another Mexican home just south of us, and across to Lake Chapala.

Scorpions be damned! I like it here!

2 comments:

bev said...

Interesting! I would have liked to see the scorpion with its offspring. By some coincidence, I was stung by a scorpion last week. I was sleeping and it stung me on my side. Quite painful!

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh, isn't it cool the way the mama carries them all on her back? We've seen that in the Keys a few times. *So* cool it's not even scary.

Sounds beautiful out there...

Ellie