Thursday, July 9, 2009

Not a Fan of P.F. Chang's

We ate at P.F. Chang's last night. My food was only barely edible; my wife's was a bit better. Overall, though, it was extremely disappointing. And horrendously overpriced! Fortunately for us, we had an old but still-valid $20 gift card from the place...I don't recall exactly where we got it.

If you have a hankering for Chinese food, my advice is to find a small family(Chinese)-run restaurant that is full of Asians who appear content with the food.

P.F. Chang's was populated primarily by people who look like me--but are younger, more in-tune to fashion, and inexperienced in the real world---and who probably would feel uncomfortable in a place where the menu wasn't designed by a menu-design pro.

Despite my frequent protestations to the contrary, there are some decent chain restaurants that serve good food at good value. In my view, P.F. Chang's isn't one of them. And there you have it. If it matters.

2 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Of course it matters. In Connecticut even the Chinese families make crap Chinese food -- for American tastes, I guess. We stick to Thai -- there are 2 good places in New London. In New York, though? Chinese food Heaven.

Ellie

Springer Kneeblood said...

I'm with you, Ellie. But I can find decent Chinese in Dallas if I look...and spectacular Thai! But NYC, that's the place to be for any kind of food, period!