Saturday, July 25, 2009

Missing

I received a message tonight on Facebook from a friend. A colleague of his wife reported that her 15-year-old brother-in-law had gone missing yesterday. He arrived at his instructor's house for a violin lesson around 9 am, then went outside to retrieve something he had forgotten from his van. He never came back. This occurred only about 6 miles from where I live. And the kid is still missing. His family is frantic. All their friends are frantic. They have organized search parties to scour the area. I don't know anyone in the mix except for my friend and his wife, and we're not particularly close. But the fact that this kid is missing just tears me up. I can only imagine the pain his family and friends are going through. I hope it works out.

1 comment:

Kathi D said...

Oh my gosh, me too. Please post if you find out what happens.