Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Definitionator is All Wronged-Up

My definitionator is all wronged-up.


It's true. I've noticed lately that, sometimes, when I try to explain or even try to recall what a word means, my explanation/recollection isn't quite right. Sometimes, it's more than not quite right, it's more like my mind has ceased to function. It's as if I were trying to communicate across time, in languages I do not speak, to someone who has no sense of the past or the future and has no comprehension of verbal communications. It just doesn't work.


I could blame my advancing age (or the fact that my age has already advanced). I could blame the chemicals in the food I eat. I could lay responsibility at the feet of my parents for leaving their youngest child with old, worn-out DNA. Or I could accuse my wife of poisoning me with fast-acting memory-debilitating drugs. I could do any one of these things, but I choose not to because I think it's something else. It's really as simple as I said at the outset: my definitionator is all wronged-up.

3 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Clearly. I mean, what else could it possibly be?

(Hope you're still feeling better...)

Ellie

YourFireAnt said...

Maybe your intelligence is leaking out.

Springer Kneeblood said...

Maybe my intelligence is just gone.