Saturday, March 20, 2010

Luther Mahoney Died Today...That's a Death to Celebrate!

I watched Luther Mahoney die today and it was positively delightful! I've wanted the bastard dead for quite some time. I didn't care how. I just wanted him dead. When I watched him die at the hand of a cop who had other options than to kill him, I was a little concerned...but my concern was for the cop. I didn't want the cop to be punished for killing Luther. While the cop didn't have to do it, it was was for the best. A jury trial for Luther would have been an afront to his many, many victims.

Actually, I would have enjoyed shooting Luther. It would have pleased me no end to have been his killer. I would have felt like I made a contribution to society. But I'm OK with the cop doing it.

If you didn't know Luther Mahoney, let me explain. He was an intelligent drug dealer in Baltimore whose business resulted in many, many innocent deaths. Luther was a character on Homicide: Life on the Street. That is one of the most extraordinary television dramas I've ever watched. It was cancelled years ago, but my wife and I have rented the DVDs and have been watching the entire program...every season. We're near the end now. Next up: The Wire. The Wire also is set in Baltimore and is said to be even better than Homicide: Life on the Street.

1 comment:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

My friends love the Wire. Love it.

Ellie