Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Stupid Trips

If the ice doesn't get in the way, I'm off to Austin on Wednesday, where I'll attend a professional conference that will earn me points toward keeping an arcane certification. And I may buy dinner for a nephew...he's agreed, as long as his molars have not just been yanked. This involves missing out on having someone else buy me dinner at a swanky, expensive place, and ply me with liquor. Goddamn, I'm a magnificent uncle if I say so myself!

The idea of driving 200+ miles in icy weather has no appeal, but I have commitments, by god, and I'm stupid!

OK, I won't go unless the ice has melted...or is melting...or promises to melt.

2 comments:

YourFireAnt said...

I can't believe there's ice in Texas and not here.

FA

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Be careful out there -- the news is full of stories of mayhem and disaster out there...

Ellie