Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Who, Me? Get Me to a Geezery?

The news was good today. The expert leak-detector plumber guy found no leaks. None. No leaks in the water supply pipes. No leaks in the sewer pipes. So, the foundation did not create horrors that will live long after me. At least I don't think so. If the plumber can be trusted.

So, I am dancing a jib and imbibing heavily of liquid euphoria. The world's a wonderful place. I'm celebrating and I want everyone to celebrate with me. Orgasms for everyone, on me!

Next step in this long and laborious process is to have the long-since-purchased carpet actually installed in the house. Thanks to a goddamn client's political infighting, I could not schedule it for next week because I had to schedule virtually every day next week for a doomsday conference call. So, I scheduled it for July 6-7, just so I could ruin my potential days off in connection with our nation's celebration of its golden years and impending decay and ultimate disintegration. But my client finally clamped onto next Monday, so maybe I can reschedule and get the carpet in early!

One day after the carpet is installed, I shall revise the appearance of the rest of this place. I'll turn a 1970s ranch into a 2010+ Wright-inspired celebration of clean lines and simple structures. Or maybe not.

Thank you for reading this and for not (publicly) calling me all the names in the book. I'm thinking...maybe I should go to a geezery, a place where old men insist on capturing their youth and locking it away to prevent its inevitable escape.

2 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh please. If you went to a Gezzery, you'd be running it, not attending it.

No leaks!

Ellie

YourFireAnt said...

I love your sentence: Orgasms for everyone, on me.

;-)