Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fourth of July

Today's plan was to have included an early morning walk.

But my wife could not sleep last night, and so was disinterested in waking up when I alerted her to "walk time."

I awoke last night at 1:30 to find her side of the bed empty; she was in the family room, reading. She had not been able to get to sleep.

Sometime thereafter, after I had gone back to bed, she came in and tried it again. She kept alerting me to the fact that I needed to clear my throat, turn over, or otherwise take action to stop my snoring. When I woke up, her side of the bed was again empty. I found her in the family room, again, this time fast asleep with a thin blanket over her. When I inquired about walking, she mumbled something about "in a while" and audibly snarled at me. She did not bother to open her eyes; I think she was not awake.

An hour passed and she was still asleep, so I decided to wash lasts night's dishes and make breakfast for myself: turkey bacon, "fried" eggs that I cooked in a no-stick skillet with a little butter-flavored Pam, and some slices of tomato and jalapeƱos. I just finished it and it was exceptionally good.

Now, she's up. But I haven't spoken to her. Let's see if her mood matches the fireworks of this Fourth of July! Happy day, incidentally!

4 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Slowly, slowly. That's how to wake up someone who you, clearly, kept awake all night.... ;)

I checked with the authorities. They refuse to delay Sailfest, the rat bastards. Maybe next year?

Ellie

Springer Kneeblood said...

You are so right, Ellie. If I don't get my snoring under control, I think she might roll me up in Glad wrap some evening.

They are rat bastards! I'll have to make my plans accordingly.

YourFireAnt said...

How do you plan to get your snoring under control ?

Springer Kneeblood said...

FA--Lose 75 pounds; that would help!