Sunday, February 5, 2012

Reflections

Where did all the plans for long, aimless road trips go? What happened to becoming a couch-surfer? When did the concept of behaving like a gypsy for a year just vaporize?

Maybe it set in when it became apparent that we still have obligations...check the post office boxes for mail and forward it to clients...pay bills...watch our expenses...look out after the house and yard. They are excuses, pure and simple. And I may be buying into them now. I don't want to. But maybe I am. Now, it's looking like a year of spending time at home, playing word games and wishing I had the money to do repair work on the house.

Has it been me all along that I've been dissatisfied with? And here I thought it was the work, the clients, the constant obligations, the lack of freedoms. Maybe that's it. The lack of freedoms. What is it, exactly, that prevents me from doing what I want to do?

1 comment:

Pensionado said...

Well, we wish you would just come on down.

Joan will go to Portland the 6th to the 27th of April for Medical tests and consultations. Not me.

Two opportunities: 1) go to Portland while Joan is there to make hanging out at M&M's more attractive and 2) schlep down here to hang out with me and the pack.